Note: This blog post may contain ads and affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you don't wish to support my site, please don't click on any ads or affiliate links. This will ensure that I don't receive any income while you're using my site. Affiliate links turn orange when you hover over them. Thank you!
It’s easy to think “salad = boring”, but this Mexican salad with coriander and macadamias is anything but boring.
It’s full of colour, flavour and substance.
Just look at the amazing rainbow of ingredients it includes: red onion, red capsicum, tomato, corn, macadamias, garlic, avocado, lime, coriander and chili.
No wonder it looks so amazingly vibrant.
And it tastes pretty darn good, too.
I love how the avocado and tomato (along with the olive oil) coat everything with a rich, creamy layer.
And the lime, garlic and chili add such a zesty tang to the mix.
Then you add in the distinctive taste of the coriander, plus the crunchy, rich texture of the macadamias, and what do you have?
An experience that will linger pleasurably on your tongue for quite some time.
And you’ll impress everyone you share this with, and everywhere you take it – picnics, pot lucks, Christmas lunch – with your culinary expertise.
I find it difficult to stop eating this one. Just one more mouthful? Please?
But as hard as I try, it beats me every time, because it’s just so darn filling.
There’s no going hungry when you’ve got Mexican salad on the menu.
Mexican Salad with Coriander and Macadamias
- 2 tbsp olive oil (40ml) *
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp red onion , finely chopped (20ml) *
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- ¼ habanero chili , deseeded & finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 med corn cob , kernels cut fresh off the cob
- ½ cup red capsicum / bell pepper , finely diced
- 1 avocado , diced
- ½ cup macadamias , roughly chopped
- Large handful fresh coriander / cilantro , roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss together and serve.
- Before: -
- During: 20m
- After: -
- Need: Chopping board, knife, mixing bowl
Notes* Australian Tablespoon = 20ml
- This recipe is straight from Kemi Nekvapil’s “Add More Raw” DVD, which I highly recommend if you want some delicious recipes to help you eat more raw food. Kemi’s style is practical and entertaining, and she’ll have you eating better in no time at all.
- I’ve made this recipe with cherry tomatoes and regular tomatoes, and it works well with both.
- I’m not a big fan of hot chili, so I usually put a bit less than the recipe recommends. You can adjust the amount up or down to suit your tastebuds.
- This salad keeps quite well in the fridge for a couple of days, so you can make it the day before, and have it ready to go for your big event. Or you make it to take for lunch at work, and eat leftovers for a couple of days.
Have an awesome day!