Note: This blog post may contain ads and affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you don't wish to support my site, please don't click on any ads or affiliate links. This will ensure that I don't receive any income while you're using my site. Affiliate links turn orange when you hover over them. Thank you!
I never thought I’d enjoy drinking parsley in a green smoothie.
Parsley has such a strong, distinctive taste that I was quite sure I’d never find a way to drink it (and actually enjoy it).
And then I stumbled onto this gem.
I love accidental discoveries.
I’ve created some of my best recipes by accident.
“Whoops, I added too much spice.”
Or “Whoops, I left out an entire ingredient.”
Or my favourite, “Whoops, I forgot to buy some of that, I’ll just chuck in some of this instead.”
And then “Hey, this kind of actually tastes awesome.”
Well, this is one of those kind of recipes.
It was during my “green smoothie experimentation” phase. The one where I was trying all kinds of crazy combinations and making lots of duds.
This, however, is most definitely NOT a dud.
I just chucked in a bit of everything that I had on hand. Some pears, some apples, a plum or two and lots of bananas.
Always lots of bananas.
And what emerged was a sweet, gentle, amazing combination that almost tastes like cinnamon.
And it has lots of parsley in it.
Which is very good for you, I understand.
And yet you can’t really taste it. I mean you can, but somehow it’s not parsley any more.
I am truly in awe of the way that you can combine simple, whole foods to create the most amazing, unexpected results.
Pear and Parsley Smoothie recipe
Make sure to read the tips below the recipe to get the most out of this delicious Pear Parsley Smoothie recipe.
Parsley Pear Green Smoothie
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 1/2 med avocado
- 1 med nashi pear / Asian pear / apple pear
- 1 med pear
- 1 med apple , sweet e.g. Royal Gala
- 1 med apple , green e.g. Granny Smith
- 2 med plums
- 6 med bananas
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice (200g)
- Remove seed from plum, skin & seed from avocado, skin from bananas and stalks from pears and apples.
- Chop fruit roughly.
- Add ingredients to blender in order listed.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Before: -
- During: 15 mins
- After: -
- Need: Blender
- You can halve the recipe if you like. I tend to make a very full jug’s worth (as you can see by the photo), and then store it in the world’s best smoothie bottles so I can drink it over the next day or so. But you don’t have to make that much. And if you don’t want half fruits lying around, just put the whole fruit in and see how it goes :)
- If you don’t have a high speed blender, I recommend removing the seeds from your apples and pears. If you do, just leave them in.
Have a truly awesome day!