Raw Banana Oatmeal Porridge
This quick raw banana oatmeal porridge uses dates, bananas and oats with flaxmeal and cashews to create a warm, hearty, satisfying raw breakfast.
Makes 1 serve
- 1 med banana (100g)
- 1 med medjool date , pitted
- 1 tbsp cashews (10g) [optional, makes it creamier]
- 1/2 cup water (125g)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50g)
- 2 tsp flaxseed / linseed meal (4g) [optional, adds healthy fats]
- 2 tbsp rolled oats extra
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar, coconut nectar or yacon syrup [optional, to serve]
- 2 tsp sultanas / golden raisins [optional, to serve]
- 10 slices banana [optional, to serve]
Blend the banana, date, cashews and water until warm, but not hot. (This takes around 2 minutes in a Vitamix for 1 serve.)
While this blends, pre-warm your bowl(s) in the oven for a couple of minutes.
Add oats and flax to the blender and blend until smooth.
Put the extra oats into the bottom of your pre-warmed breakfast bowl,
Pour blended porridge over oats and mix thoroughly.
Leave to sit for 5 minutes or so to allow oats to soften (while you clean up).
Top with a drizzle of maple syrup, the sultanas and banana slices.
- Before: -
- During: 10 mins
- After: -
- Need: Blender, oven (optional)
Serving: 380g; Calories: 509kcal; Carbohydrates: 101g; Protein: 11.9g; Fat: 10.1g; Saturated Fat: 1.7g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3.8g; Sodium: 14.9mg; Potassium: 1055mg; Fiber: 13.2g; Sugar: 40.7g; Vitamin A: 150IU; Vitamin C: 18.2mg; Calcium: 120mg; Iron: 4.1mg